The Cool Herb
With its distinct aroma, pleasing flavor, cool sensation and medicinal qualities, mint is among the most versatile plants in the herbal kingdom.
In hot summer days, a glass of cold water with lime and a dash of mint in it can be very soothing and cooling
A teaspoonful of mint juice can help get back your healthy appetite.Packed with vitamins and essential minerals, mint helps us to increase resistance against many diseases and maintain a healthy body
A cupful of mint tea in the morning gives you a refreshing start to the day. It helps in digestion if taken after heavy meals..
Minted Iced Tea
This one’s becomes more refreshing the higher the temperature. The key here is to be very generous with the mint leaves. No matter how many you use, you will not create an overpowering mint flavor because you’re pouring minted water over ice and diluting it. So, be generous. Use lots of mint.
- 15-20 leaves of fresh mint, additional ones for garnish
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups of ice
- slice of lemon or lime (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, tear the mint leaves into halves and put into a teapot (or other pot that can be covered).
- Pour boiling water over the leaves and cover for 8-10 minutes.
- Fill 2 drinking glasses 3/4 full of ice. Pour the hot, minted water over the ice. Garnish with lemon and fresh mint leaves and serve.
Cheers to good health!