Swine Flu, an epidemic or communicable disease has again hit the city. Considering the concern of the issue, schools of the city are now on high alert and are in full swing to prevent its spread. Some have started counseling parents and students while others have stopped morning prayers and are keeping a vigil on the health of students. School students especially of the primary section are highly vulnerable to H1N1 virus. The fear among the people against this epidemic has increased the demand of Swine Flu Vaccinations.
As the cases of Swine Flu are now on rise, there are ways that will help you to determine if the person is suffering from this deadly virus.
- fever – 100 degrees F or above
- Diarrhoea or stomach upset
- Cough and sneezing
- Soar Throat
- Aching muscles and joints
- Weakness and fatigue
**If you notice any of the above mentioned symptoms then you must visit a doctor immediately.
As we all know that “Prevention is always better than cure”, there are certain measures that can prevent you from this pandemic virus.
- You can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses like influenza by covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after cough or sneeze.
- Wash the vegetables and fruits properly before cooking and eating respectively.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day to flush toxins from your system and maintain good moisture and mucous production in your sinuses.
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick.
- Wear surgical masks when ever you visit any crowded place like market, malls, hospitals etc.
The number of cases of this life threatening disease is continuously increasing. Try to adopt more hygienic habits which will keep you away from this communicable virus.
Stay Healthy, Stay Safe !!