You are a true Rajasthani if you have heard these lines atleast once in your lifetime, probably from a distant cousin, in your college located in a different state or from an NRI relative 😉
1) I’m sure you eat Dal Bati Churma everyday!
You live in Mumbai, do you live on vada pao?
2) You must travel on camels there. How does that feel?
It’s surely a humpy ride, but it’s ok as we share the water that they store.
3) Is the entire state a desert or do you have some roads too?
No no, our life is basically a desert safari.
4) I know everyone is a Marwari in Rajasthan.
Yeah, the toh sab jaano cho 😀
5) You know, there’s no water supply in Rajasthan.
If that was true, Rajasthanis would have set a world record of staying alive without water by now !!
6) We know everyone wears Ghagra choli and turbans there.
Damn Bollywood !
7) You must belong to a royal family na?
Yes, you caught me 😀
8) You must live in a grand Haveli !
They surely have left us with a lot of their property, but we haven’t shifted there yet.
9) You are a Rajasthani, tumhaare yaha toh bohot jaldi shaadi kar dete hai.
Umm, if only you would take some time and step out of 1950s, you will know the answer to this better.Image credit: indiaopines.com