With holi just a few days away, Jaipurites are all ready to play pranks. The water balloons are filled, white clothes ironed and kept, gulal and other colors all set in a plate and pichkaris filled with the right quantity of pakka rang mixed with water. The mood has already been set in the pink city but with these preparations, there are some do’s and don’ts that one must keep in mind while playing holi in the city 🙂
- Dress appropriately in white or pastels (but remember to carry a colorful dupatta as it gets transparent) and get colored 😉 Be stylish but moreover comfortable.
- Its preferred to wear normal flip-flops which are waterproof and not slippery.
- Cover your skin by applying coconut oil and sunscreen. Also take care of you nails by putting the right nail paint 🙂
- Carry your sunglasses as the color may be irritating to the eyes and may be allergic.
Image credit: ww.hercampus.com
- At the end, don’t forget your cellphones. No matter how much ever water resistant it might be, its better to get it safe in a waterproof case or a zip lock, because you never know someone might push you in the pool 😉
- Its best to keep it simple and avoid jewellery.
- Holi seems to be the festival where one can go carefree without makeup as at the end you have to get wet and colored 😉
- Avoid wearing nice clothes of silk and nylon, rather prefer cotton and linen as they dry fast.
- It’s provided not to wear quirky and fashionable footwears as you might feel bad once they get wet and colored 🙂
If you want to write for Jaipur Beat, send your resume to email@example.com