All year round, you celebrate festivals with full energy and high fervour, some of you love Diwali, some of you wait for Rakhi to meet your brothers while some of you sleep on the night of 24th Dec in hope to wake up to Santa’s gift by your side ! But how many of these festivals actually give you a chance to embrace your wild side 😉 Let’s be honest, none ! And so, especially for your wild side to break the barriers and celebrate with ecstasy (No, we ain’t talking about turning into Christian Grey), there is a festival specially created to rock your world – Holi !!
So let’s set some ground rules here. Holi has no rules. So let us brief you about these varied species you shall encounter on this day and you might as well take it all in stride and give it back, but not take offense: D
- The Stranger We know that Mumma told you to not talk to a stranger, but Holi holds no such rule. So if a stranger is coming to color you and not doing anything inappropriate, just color him/her back with the same zeal and laugh about it !
- Streetsmart KidsYou leave your house on your cycle/bike/car and some kids on the street or that little naughty kid on the balcony in your neighborhood drops a water balloon at you hurting you a little bit and obviously leaving you dripping in colors, don’t frown ! Make a strategy to do it back to them 😀
- Bhaang MixersOh the classic sign of Holi ! Someone mixing bhaang in your thandai when you least expect it and the after effects are horrible, for you ! While those watching you are having a gala time 😉 Let it go and enjoy the craziness 😀
- The Black HandedLike every year, you swore to play with gulaal and some water this year, but who will explain this to the wild freaks who are black handed and are going to turn you in a blackface with ‘pakka rang’ in few seconds ! Just keep your home made face packs ready and bring it on 😉
- The Bouncers
By bouncers, we sure don’t mean the ones who would protect you, what we mean is the strong ones who are waiting for the right moment to spot the easiest prey and throw them in a bucket or a tub or a tank of water on Holi 😀 Don’t hold it against them and rather lay a trap 😉
- PrankstersThey can start from people ganging up on you to something as disgusting as throwing ketchup and eggs at you 😉 Pranks don’t stop and so shouldn’t you 😀
- The 3 p.m. VisitorsThe time around 3 p.m. when after an hour’s shower, you think you are going to eat and melt into your dear bed, you have a surprise visitor who came to wish you a bit late and won’t leave without coloring you all over again ! Be prepared 😉
- Forceful Draggers
*Images without logo has been taken via Google
If you want to write for Jaipur Beat, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
orCall us on0141 – 2622443+91-9829445595orInbox us on https://www.facebook.com/jaipurbeat/