We’ve all heard about the heritage and traditional locations in Jaipur which gave it the name Pink City. So bring out your explorer animal inside you and go for that weekend getaway that you always keep planning.
Search out, go to these places and be the hero of your life! And be sure to tell me how much have these following changed since the last time I visited them 😉
12.) Bhool Bhulaiya (2007) : We all remember this movie as it still gives us chills while watching it 😉 Even though Maunjulika got out of Vidya Balan real quick, she might come in your nightmare sometimes. This movie was shot in Chomu Palace, Jaipur which is really beautiful property to visit and spend time in.
11) Shudh Desi Romance (2013) : “Gulaabi yeh sheher”, oh yes, this song was shot in our gulaabi pink city which was filmed in Jaipur at many places. The shooting of the movie was also in Jaipur at Albert Hall, Raj Mandir and Nahargarh which are the most beautiful tourist attractions of Jaipur.
10) Delhi 6 (2009) : Sasural genda phool! The song which gets the thumping started from everyone was shot at Sambhar, Rajasthan. Sambhar lake, its beauty and not to mention its scorching heat makes it an arguable getaway. But try it out in winter, and who knows you might find your hero there 😉
9) Bol Bachchan (2012) : Abhi’s love for Jaipur is not a surprise, given that he owns Jaipur Pink Panthers, and a part of him has been in Jaipur always (from an interview), Chomu Palace to be accurate. This movie is first in our list, for which you don’t have to drive miles to visit the shooting location. So maybe a semi planned day could turn into something like this!
8) Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998): Bade miyan toh bade miyan chote miyan subhanallah! Waahwaah ! Sorry we can’t help it whenever I read these lines! Casting Anupam Kher, Raveena Tandon, double role of Amitabh Bachchan and Go Go Go Govindaa. This one location no one should miss at all as it brings back all the fond memories of majestic couple of Raveena and Govinda. Shot at Jaipur Palace this one should be at the top of your Bucket List!
7) Jodha Akbar (2008) : The most beautiful movie of all the times had various scenes shot in Amber Fort. Although, after so many controversies the movie was not even released in Jaipur but still it holds the beauty of our pink city.
6) Zubeidaa (2001) : The film garnered the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi and also Karishma Kapoor won the Filmfare for best actress. A scene of the movie was shot in Narain Niwas Palace.
5) Paheli (2005) : We all know the movie was not a big commercial hit but it was India’s entry for Oscars and moreover, the locations in which certain scenes are shot are worth going to. Paheli was shot entirely in Rajasthan in a matter of 45 days! Yes, that’s a record! One of the scenes were shot in Chand Bhaori, the famous stepwell in jaipur and also in Narain Niwas Palace. Enough said, GO NOW!
4) Khoobsurat (2014) : This very “khoobsurat” movie starring Sonam Kapoor and the Pakastani charming actor Fawad Khan was a typical fairy tale kind of a movie 😉 One of the scenes of the movie was shot in Amber Fort.
3) Mughal – e – Azam (1960) : Remember the song “deewani mastani” from Bajirao Mastani of Deepika? Well, that song was a tribute to “Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna kyaa” which was shot in the replica of the epic historical place Sheesh Mahal in Amber Fort.
2.) Bajirao Mastani (2015) : As Deepika Padukone stated, she was in 10th grade when she heard about Bajirao Mastani. But who thought because of the cast changes that teenage girl would be the main lead in the movie after so many years 😉 The graceful dance by Deepika on the song “Mohe Rang Do Laal” was shot in Amber Fort which is one of the famous forts in Jaipur.
1.) Rang De Basanti (2006) : No surprises here if you are from Jaipur, Masti ki Paathshaala at the top of Nahargarh is something which is a second habit of us Jaipurites. Nahargarh fort it is!
GO GO GO now!
That’ll be all!
(Written by our intern- Kashish Agrawal)