Jaipur is famous for wedding shopping and among the most admired shopping marvels in its territory is the famous Saraogi Mansion. Nestled adjoining the walled city, this huge arcade is known as a highly popular destination for wedding purchasing in Jaipur. As magnificent as the name suggests, it houses an equally splendid variety of bridal wear, regular wear and accessories due to which it is a hot go-to destination for Jaipurites and tourists alike.
Yes! We all have visited this place numerous times. Be it as a kid holding our mother’s hand and admiring the colourful shops, or as an adult; we find something new every time we visit.
Jaipur Beat is here to give you a full tour of in and around Saraogi Mansion to make your shopping experience a more pleasurable one!
Let’s roll Jaipurites!
SARAOGI MANSION – LOWER GROUND FLOOR
From the entry on left side of the building, walk down towards the lower ground floor to enter the local haat bazaar which has got just about everything to cater to your needs and pampering.
- Immediately to the right of the staircase is a famous store known as ‘Varkha’s, a popular stop-by junction. From branded cosmetics, watches, skin care products, and accessories to Barbie shampoo and deodorants; this place has it all at a reasonable price.
We are confident you will have at least one bag from Varkha’s with you at the end of the day.
- After Varkha’s we take you ahead in the lower shopping area. If you’re looking for hair and skincare products then head down to these local shops which sell all your favourite brands like Wella, Schwarzkopf, Body Shop, L’Oreal professional, Maybelline, Chambor, L’Oreal, Revlon and Nykaa. Add to this many more and a wide range of deodorants, perfumes, shower gel, serums, nail polish etc. Other delights like hair straighteners and curlers are also available at a good price here.
- It is very important to accessorize a good wardrobe with equally good footwear. If you look around, the market has several shops with shoes for kids, women and men. Ranging from easy flip-flops to fancy heels or sporty shoes to Doctor Scholls, the variety offered here is a delight for all shoppers.
- Complete the exclusive look with a little accessorizing! Wind your way in and out of various accessory shops and pick your favourites from earrings, artificial jewellery and bracelets et al. These pretty and elegant delights can be paired up with western as well as traditional outfits.
- Shopping feels incomplete without buying goodies for little kids. Naturally, the next stop is the kids’ section. Buy cute little outfits for your kids from Stella’s kids’ store and choose the perfect outfit for any every occasion.
- Right opposite is Prem Traders, which is one of the oldest and most popular stores here. This showroom is a super favourite for purchasing intimate wear, infant utilities, clutches and purses, nightwear and swimsuits; all in varied shapes, colours and patterns.
And now begins your ascent to the ground floor.
SARAOGI MANSION – GROUND FLOOR
The showrooms here cater to wedding shopping needs in the best possible way.
- Visit Pratap Sons, a pristine showroom of Jaipur and which is famous for heavy and designer bridal lehengas, wedding outfits and ethnic wear. The garments are inspired from Jaipur’s prints and handwork with a royal touch for a gorgeous makeover. The amazing variety makes it tough to choose just one.
- Right opposite Pratap Sons is Nikhaar Fashions, yet another very popular stop for trendy and designer wedding wear. Once again, making choices from among these elite selections is an experience to remember.
On this floor as well; walk around and explore the endless shops selling artificial and real jewellery like alluring bangles, necklaces, earrings and many more attractive ornaments to accessorize beautifully with heavy dresses.
All said and done, this area of the Mansion is a delightful mix of Indian wear like unstitched and ready-made suits, sarees, Indo-western wear, bridal lehengas and simple ones and dresses to fit any occasion.
SARAOGI MANSION FIRST FLOOR
The next natural move is to the first floor to find treasures here.
- Rama’s at Saraogi mansion is one of Pink City’s oldest retail stores for Indian ethnic wear. They deal predominantly in Kurtis, so if you are fond of comfortable cotton Kurtis or even heavy ones then Rama’s is a must visit. They also have a wide classic range of lehengas and suits to choose from.
Saraogi Mansion has so much in store for its customers that the shopping may never end. While exploring the market, or afterwards, take a break and try the delicious food from the streets near the mansion.
- Located near the parking, Falahaar Junction is a heaven for people who eat Jain food or for those who are fasting, as it is 100% onion and garlic free. Fresh fruit cream yoghurt and sabut daane ki khichdi are one of the best served here and loved by Jaipurites.
Alternately, dig into the popular Bombay sandwich and other street food varieties at the opposite end of Falahaar for a chatpatta experience.
Buckle up Jaipurites! Our tour of Saraogi Mansion may have ended here but yours has just started.
Content credit: Muskaan Kasat
Picture credit: Kratika Jain & Aparna Natha
Edited by team Jaipur Beat.