Navratri Sthapna marks the beginning of the festive season and for the next month or so, it is all about food, festivity, faith, fasting and a lot of fun! Navratri brings a new zeal with itself and there is a wave of new beginnings all around.
Jaipur Beat brings you the five F’s of this beautiful season of love, happiness, colours and light.
- Faith– The first and foremost thing that Navratri is about- Maa Durga’s love and blessings. The elaborate ‘puja’ and ‘havan’ during the Navratras cannot be forgotten. Moreover, it’s that time of the year when we finally start visiting the temples quite often due to Navratri. Visiting Amer’s Shila Mata temple is the most important #ThingsToDO which every Jaipurite tries to achieve ditching the tight schedule.
- Fasting- It’s the first question we ask – Are you on fast? That’s the most important part of Navratri. Some do it for faith, some to meet out their weight loss goals, and some do it for de-toxication but some like us are always after the best Falahaari delights. No matter the reason, we all believe in fasting and choose to instil some healthy eating habits during these nine days of Navratri.
Pic courtesy: Falahaar
- Food– Even though Navratri is about fasting, yet food is the constant love. We always find substitutes for what we cannot eat during Navratras. From fruit- chaat to Saabudana Khichdi and Kuttu Ki Puri we keep all the sweet to salty options at hand. And for those who are not fasting, festive season brings a new enthusiasm for the same old spicy food.
- Festivity- There is an air of festive mood in the weather with all the festive discounts, shopping spree, family functions and wedding functions lining up. You can see light and decorations wherever you turn your head.
- Fashion- Last but not least, fashion always makes the place for itself when it comes to the festivity. We have all tip-topped ourselves with glittery Gujarati or Rajasthani lehengas and Angrakhas some time or the other for the epic Garba and Dandiya night or even taking out our traditional Indian outfits.
The best time of the year is right here. Let’s enjoy it to the most!
Wishing you all a very Happy Navratri ! 🙂