An itinerary is never complete without some delicious local foodie delights of the place in it. So ditch the stereotypical food chain brands and savour the luscious and irresistible treats that are just not-to-be-missed when you visit Jaipur!
- Dal Baati Churma– Who can miss the legendary Dal Baati Churma? The saada, masala and mawa baati dipped in ghee, served with dal and three different kinds of churma is the Aan Baan Shaan of Rajasthanis.
- Gatte ki Sabzi– It’s one of the most basic of dishes cooked in Rajasthani homes, but the tempering done with red chillies and garlic adds a very different, not-to-be-forgotten flavour to it.
- Ker Sangri– This is the legit sabzi of Rangeelo Rajasthan’s “Registhan.” Ker, a shrub berry and Sangri, a bean of a flowering tree called Khejari, come together to make this exclusive delight of Rajasthan. It is often enjoyed in winter!
- Laal Maans– This one is for the non-veg fans! Lamb or Mutton in a sauce of yoghurt and hot Mathania chillies is rich in garlic and has a very spicy flavour to it.
- Aloo Pyaaz ki Sabji with Bejad ki Roti– Out of all the things that you find in Jaipur, this one is totally different with not just the rich in spices Aloo Pyaaz ki Sabji but also the rich in ghee and fibre Bejad roti.
- Lehsun ki Chutney– Red, hot and spicy, this chutney is what will have your taste buds on fire! Extremely spicy, lehsun chutney is made by grinding garlic with dried red chillies.
- Gajak– For all the sweet tooths out there! You just cannot leave Jaipur without taking along this “til ki patti” from Jaipur.
- Mirchi ke Tipore– Mirchi fried in besan and mustard oil along with the other spices makes up for this spectacular appetizer!
- Kachori– Kachori in Jaipur is not just food, it is a feeling. Available in various options, like Dal, Pyaaz and even Mawa, this delicious desi delight will have your senses tingled.
- Sev Tamatar ki Sabji– Last but not the least, the chatpati Sev namkeen put in tomato curry is one of the simplest and one of the most palatable dishes from Jaipur.
You may leave Jaipur after your indelible stay, but Jaipur would forever be in your heart with random memories of its scenic beauty, cultural richness and not to forget crave-worthy local dishes.