Jaipur is one of India’s most sought-after tourist destinations for a wide range of reasons and the most prominent reason is its wondrous architecture, be it Hawa Mahal, Unesco site Amer, Jantar Mantar, Chand Bawdi step well and many more. From travellers to locals, we all have seen these beauties and that really makes us proud of our heritage. But many are unaware that even modern architecture are adding to the architectural beauty, one of them is Pearl Academy –A Premium Institute for Design, Fashion & Media and Business. The city of Jaipur has a desert climate with average temperatures ranging from 30 to 50 ̊C through most of the year, the building of Pearl Academy is designed in response to the excessive heat. This concept is inspired by Indo-Islamic architectural elements. The students who are interested in fashion, design or media can visit the campus that has garnered global recognition to Jaipur.
The Pink City is famous for its heritage and Pearl Academy Jaipur adds a pinch of modernity to it. Let’s check out a few facts about this modern architecture.
- The Pearl Academy Jaipur is double layered which acts as a vacuum from its surrounding and reduces direct heat through the porthole. The Jaali element adds traditional touch as well as allows light and air.
- The color scheme was chosen carefully to control the temperature of the inside of the building and of the open stepped wells or baoli, from its surrounding.
- The building has a tremendous architecture consisting of step wells. These water bodies are filled using recycled water from the sewage treatment plant. In night hours, this helps in diminishing heat from the surrounding to keep the area thermally comfortable.
- The material that was used for the construction of the building was chosen keeping in mind the climate aspects, including local stone, steel, glass, concrete while embracing the dynamic design intent.
- Fewer are those who do not forget to fulfil their social obligations, the Pearl Academy Jaipur is exemplary. The institute is wholly self-sufficient in terms of captive power and water supply. It promotes rainwater harvesting and wastewater recycling, using sewage treatment plant.
Awards & Recognition
Not to miss that the institute is Recognised as the 2nd best private institute for Fashion Design by India Today for the past three consecutive years.
Also, awarded the ‘Best Learning Building’ at the World Architecture Festival Award (Barcelona, 2009).
How many of these did you know this?
For more information, please visit :
SP-38A, RIICO Industrial Area, Delhi
Road, Kukas, Jaipur – 302028.
Tel. No. : 01426 – 414800 / 9680030842