Human Coronavirus Infection
After the outbreak in Wuhan, China infecting hundreds of people, followed by the news of a suspected case of coronavirus in Jaipur, there is a lot of information/misinformation floating on WhatsApp and messages. Let’s understand it first and know what can be done for prevention.
What it is?
Coronaviruses are a large group of viruses found in animals. But rarely, they are transmitted from animals to humans. Due to which people get sick. Elders and children with a week immune system are more prone to it. Most commonly the virus spreads through an infected person.
- Sore throat
- Runny Nose
- Getting in contact with persons coughing and sneezing
- Touching an object having a virus
- Shaking hands with an infected person
- Wash your hands multiple times in a day with soap and water
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands.
- Do not get in close contact with people who are coughing and sick
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Thoroughly cook meat and poultry items before use
- Avoid unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals.
Is There a Treatment For The New Corona Virus?
There is no treatment until now. Supportive medical care is provided to help relive the acuteness of the symptoms and control complications. There is no vaccine also, so far.