The universe has been kind to all of us and given us two long weekends back-to-back. Yes, we are talking about the Holi long weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon-27th, 28th & 29th March) and the Good Friday long (2nd, 3rd, & 4th April) weekend. And in case your bosses are generous and cool enough to grant you 31st & 1st April days of extra leaves then you just have the whole week off!
It doesn’t get better than this right?
Well, it does if you plan a getaway for these long weekends to none other than Jaipur aka Pink City. And just to substantiate our above hypothesis, allow us to give you some mind-blowing reasons for you to plan your getaway to our favorite city, Jaipur.
The magnificent and spectacular forts and palaces
The city is filled with forts and places that draw the attention of tourists from all over the world. The forts are well known over the globe for their royal architecture, culture, age-old charm, and grandeur. Forts that we would recommend you to visit and experience the royalty of Rajasthan are:
• Amber Palace – The famous Amer Fort is one of the most visited forts in Rajasthan and is also registered as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Overlooking the Maota lake, Amber Fort is known for its aesthetical style elements. Also, for all the history buffs out there – do you know that Amer was the capital of the state before Jaipur?
• Nahargarh Fort – What comes to your mind when it comes to enjoying an eagle’s eye view of Jaipur’s jaw-dropping skyline?
Definitely, it is Nahargarh! One of the favourite spots for Jaipurites.
Situated in the Aravalli mountains, Nahargarh which means “adobe of tigers” is a majestic and spectacular fort. You can enjoy cycling and trekking at this fort and can also visit the Nahargarh biological park. Built in 1734 during the reign of Sawai Jai Singh (1698-1740), the extensive water systems of Nahargarh are one of the most significant features of the fort. So get your walking shoe on and one can take a walk through Water Heritage to uncover history to architecture, and see the history come alive.
• Hawa Mahal – This five-storey building continues to be the major attraction of all those travelling to the Pink City. The unique attraction is its 953 windows which were actually constructed to give a cool breeze to the royal ladies that watched processions from the inside of the Wind Palace.
If this architectural wonder intrigues you more, check this out: https://jaipurbeat.com/2018/12/11/things-no-one-tells-you-hawa-mahal-jaipur/
• Jal Mahal – Located in the middle of Man Sagar Lake, this 5 storied building continues to stand still in Man Sagar Lake with 4 floors immersed in water.
Back then it was used for royal duck shooting parties. With tranquil waters by the side and birds sitting on top of the chattris makes for a picturesque view. One can enjoy camel or horse safari and also shop for the local handicrafts from the temporary bazaars set near this place.
• City Palace – The City Palace, Jaipur is one of the most admired and finest attractions among the places to visit in the Pink City. With an organized layout of large courtyards, perfectly manicured gardens, and magnificent mahals, the palace is still home to the royal family of Jaipur. Apart from its magical architecture, the palace is also known for its beautiful gates.
While planning a trip to Jaipur, make sure you reserve a day to visit the corridors of the City Palace and live a day like the royals!
• Jawahar Circle – The newest edition in the list is the ninth gate of Jaipur, known as ‘Patrika Gate’. It not only keeps heritage value but also the aesthetic value due to its modern architecture mingled with traditional style. The poly-chromatic patterns and vibrant surroundings make this gate one of a kind. The vibrant colours and mesmerizing architecture are always admired and make this an Instagram-worthy place as no one can leave without capturing its beauty.
If you want to know more about this circle of colors, culture, food & life, check this blog! https://jaipurbeat.com/2017/06/17/a-circle-of-colors-culture-food-life-jawahar-circle/
• Jaipur is a paradise for shopping lovers. Be it street shopping, wedding shopping, or handicrafts shopping, Jaipur has it all. The list and names of markets and the dedicated ‘Rastas’ for each market make the city a favourite destination for those who love to indulge in shopping. The markets like Johari Bazaar, Tripolia Bazaar, Bapu Bazaar, etc are the soul of our city.
• Johari Bazaar (paradise for jewelry lovers) – Visit for Gem, Jewelry, Handicrafts, Furniture and Art, Chandpole Bazaar – If you love marble artifacts, handicrafts, furniture this is the perfect place for you.
• But if you someone who prefers shopping in a mall, our suggestion is to visit World Trade Park which is the grandest mall of all times.
You think of Jaipur and you automatically think of some mouth-watering food. You will completely agree with us once you hog on these scrumptious dishes at some of the finest places of Jaipur. Be it spicy Pyaj ki Kachori or sweet Mawa Kachori, or Pandit ki Pav Bhaji, Samrat ke Samose, Lassi at Lassiwala, Lal Maans or LMB ki chaat the list of Jaipur’s special delights goes on and on. You can either walk from place to place or gather at Masala Chowk for the tempting street food.
For the finest gourmet experiences don’t miss out on The Forresta Kitchen & Bar.
How can we miss mentioning Rajasthani Laal Maans or Jaisalmeri Junglee Maans and the place to have that is Handi Restaurant in Jaipur which you must try!
Luxury hotels and restaurants
If you are the one who would love to experience Jaipur in luxury and live & eat like the royals, Jaipur has got your back for this as well. Jaipur has some of the luxurious and heritage hotels in India. Rambagh Palace, Samode Haveli, Alsisar Haveli, Leela Palace, Fairmount are the ones we truly recommend.
Here is our quick list- https://jaipurbeat.com/2018/12/02/experience-the-unique-stay-at-heritage-hotels-in-jaipur/
If you think that’s all sorry we still have a lot- Sisodia Rani ka Bagh, Vidhyadhar ka Bagh, Jawahar Kala Kendra, Panna Mian Ka kund, Galta Ji temple, Gaitore ki Chhatriyan, and the list can go on forever.
Convinced enough to visit Jaipur for a weekend getaway?
From food to shopping to sight-seeing and luxury stays, the Pink City has a lot to offer. Words don’t do justice to the immense and exhaustive cultural diversity and heritage of Jaipur.
Pack your bags now to experience the love of Jaipur. Padharo Mhare Des! Jaipur awaits you all!!