Jaipur is one city that fascinates and charms everyone. Startling Birla Mandir of Jaipur is one such charming place. We have seen its marvellous architecture umpteen times and appreciated it as well. Built-in 1988 this is quite a new attraction of the city compared to the other historical monuments and also the ideal hangout place for many Jaipurites as well as tourists to spend their daytime and evenings. But did you know there are a few things no one told you about?
Let’s check out if you know all these facts about Jaipur’s Birla Mandir Temple located just beneath the Moti Doongri Hill-
- Birla Mandir is also known as Lakshmi Narayan Temple & is one of the major tourist attractions of the city which is easily approachable as situated on the city’s prime JLN road.
2. Made up of the finest quality of white marble, it is renowned for its fine carvings and delicate artwork.
3. It looks startling as it gets lighten up in the night.
4. Inside it, the idols of Lakshmi and Narayan are being made out from one piece of marble only.
5. It is a true example of secularism seven being a Hindu temple, its top three huge domes of representing the three religions of India – Hinduism, Christianity and Islam. The outside walls of Birla Mandir are decorated with figures from all religions including Socrates, Zarathustra, Christ, Buddha, and Confucius.
6. You’ll find refreshing peace and quietness here. The huge lush greens lawns offer a true delight of quiet open space in the centre of the city.
7. Amongst Jaipurites, Birla Mandir is also a paradise for all the foodies and especially pav bhaaji fanatics and that makes it for another major reason that attracts people to hang out at this amazing food joint. Just across the road you’ll find many street vendors serving Pandit Pav Bhaji.