From Dilwale taking away the Dulhaniya to doing Dard-e-Disco, to romancing with kkk…Kiran and Senorita; he has swept away all of our hearts time and again. Here’s a little ode to the legend King Khan on his birthday in Jaipur Style!
1. Keep saying, Om Shanti Om, while roaming around the famous Chulgiri temple of Jaipur.
2. Walking on the crowded Johri Bazaar-Chalte Chalte kaise yeh faasle ho gaye
3. Such breathtaking views from the famous Nahargarh hill, your mind says– Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
4. My Name is Khan and I live in Jaipur
5. A beautiful reminder of the royal past Rambagh Palace the former residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur baadshah o baadshah
6. To this beautiful Pink city- Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna
7.When its famous Jaipuri Golgappa-Dil Toh Pagal Hai, dil deewana hai. Need we say more 🙂
8. Darr= Bhangarh
9. We can never forget the ultimate sacrifice by our soldiers- Jab Tak hai Jaan, Jab Tak Hai Jaan
10. SMS Stadium Jaipur, our very own Chak de groud- Chak De ho Chak De ! India
Happy Birthday SRK 🙂
Hawa Mahal, a monument, a memory, a landmark, the pride of Jaipur; a place you just cannot miss going to while in Jaipur.
Looking out of those windows of the wind palace or the Hawa Mahal, your eyes stumble upon the shops on the nearby lanes of the roads. No matter how much you try to ignore, you are simply drawn to the shops and find yourself in the rich market commonly known as the Hawa Mahal Market.
With hundreds of shops lined one after the other, you just go on an unintentional shopping spree.
- The most distinctive product available in the market, goat leather bags. While some claim the bags to be genuine camel lather, most of them are made up of goat leather. From handy little slings to travel bags, a variety of bags in all size and shapes to suit your needs the best is available in the market.
- The market has a special treat for those who love Jaipur’s infamous hand block printing. You find a number of sellers with boxes full of blocks meant for the sole purpose of printing. Go ahead and get your hands on beautifully carved blocks and experiment with printing on your own.
- Remember those Jaipuri Razaiyan you’ve heard of? Well, this is the perfect place to get one for yourself. The 250 years old Kadarbaksh Razaiyan has in-house for you exquisite razayian with beautiful hand block prints of different patterns.
- The market has a lot many shops to offer you kurtis with Sanganeri prints. One of the most famous of them is Gulab Chand. If you like dressing up your little girl you must pay a visit to Hawa Mahal Market, sets of lehenga cholis in the markets appropriate to fit even little girls of age 3-4.
- How many times we have heard the words “Incredible India?” Little souvenirs at Hawa Mahal Market show us how incredible we truly are.
- To serve your hungry tummies in the middle of your shopping spree, a lot of chatwalas can be found while strolling through the market. Or you can have a seat at Wind View Café right opposite the Hawa Mahal.
The next time you plan on visiting Hawa Mahal, make sure you have some extra time to spare in the Hawa Mahal Bazaar, the market clearly has a lot to offer.
Content credit: Shanza Sarwana
Picture credit: Aparna Natha