Amid the rising cases of COVID in the state and the city, we Jaipurites must understand the importance of getting vaccinated and should participate in India’s vaccination drive. Getting vaccinated means reduced risk of getting the illness and protecting people around you.
Known as the world’s largest vaccination programme, India’s COVID immunisation drive began on January 16, where the healthcare and frontline workers got vaccinated first. The vaccination programme was then extended to people over 60 years of age. Now starting from 1 April, those aged 45 and with comorbidities (simultaneous presence of two or more diseases) will be able to take vaccines against coronavirus.
The vaccines can be taken free of cost in government hospitals or by paying Rs. 250 per dose in private facilities. The government has also approved expanding the dosage interval for Covishield from 28 days to 4-8 weeks based on scientific advice as it is more effective.
If you are wondering how to register, we are here to help you out. The schedule and appointment can be booked on or after April 1. You can register and book an appointment through the dedicated CoWIN portal or the Arogya Setu app.
Both the platforms allow a user to register at least four family members, including the user, for the coronavirus vaccine.
• On Aarogya Setu, go to the CoWIN tab, tap on the “Vaccination” tab and then select the “Register Now” option.
• Register via your mobile number and enter the OTP.
• Select the type of photo ID proof you wish to upload and fill in the details.
• On the following page, you will need to submit proof of eligibility. If above 45, you will have to upload a doctor’s certificate as proof of comorbidity.
• Now, choose your nearest vaccination centre and time slot to book the appointment.
• Once registered successfully, you will receive an SMS with the appointment details.
• On CoWIN, register via your mobile number and enter the OTP.
• After verification, the ‘Registration for Vaccination’ page will open. Enter your details, such as photo ID proof.
• The page will ask you if you have any comorbidities, which can be answered by simply clicking on ‘yes’ or ‘no’. If 45+, upload doctor’s certificate as comorbidity proof.
• Once you enter the details for registration, click the ‘Register’ button.
• If you get registered successfully, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number.
• Once registered, you will be shown the “Account Details” page, where you can schedule your appointment.
• Click on the “Schedule Appointment” tab and set your appointment as per your wish.
Upon vaccination, you must insist on receiving a hard copy or a digital copy/link of your Vaccination Certificate. If the hospital does not provide a certificate, the beneficiary may lodge a complaint at toll-free number 1075. (Source: Ministry of Health)
Some of the vaccination centres of Jaipur are: Sawai Man Singh Hospital, Jaipur Hospital, Monilek Hospital, Metro Mas Hospital, Fortis Escorts Hospital, Eternal Hospital, C K Birla Hospital, Manipal Hospital, Mahatma Gandhi Hospital.
You will find your nearest COVID vaccination centre after registering on CoWIN or Aarogya Setu.
DISCLAIMER: The content written above is true to the best of our knowledge, but there may be omissions.