In the fast-developing era of technology, the media space is changing like never before. There is a need for a platform where professions, trends related to it, technological advances, challenges are discussed and debated.
The stage for the same is getting ready at the biggest Media Festival on 20th September 2019 at Fairmount Jaipur-
Talk Journalism has seen a successful run of five editions and now it is coming up with its sixth edition which is scheduled on 20th-22nd September 2019. The festival has been mainly designed to benefit all the professionals, students and enthusiasts of journalism.
Talk Journalism is an initiative of The Vox Foundation which aims at bridging this gap and takes a step towards initiating the media dialogue. The only dedicated festival that celebrates Media and Journalism and gives a platform to the aspiring media professionals to discuss and debate about related issues. The festival attracts the pioneers in media and lets them share their experiences about the industry with the audience. It is the most enriching experience in a journey of being a journalist.
For the students of Mass Communication and Journalism, this is a great platform where the students can meet these speakers and hear the words of wisdom from them. Aspiring media professionals can meet experts and can attend workshops by Google, Twitter, Facebook. Be a part of the Photography Competition and Quizzes. And the most important thing #TJ19 will be having HR Representatives of leading Media Houses and they will be on the lookout for interns at the event.
For those looking to carve a space in the media industry, here are few Talks and Workshops at #TJ2019 they should not miss-
- Restoring Faith in Journalism– Session by Pratap Bhanu Mehta, Sheshadari Chari, Pritish Nandy, Yashwant Vyas and Seema Chisti.
- Is Sports Journalism more placid than Political Journalism – Session by Ayaz Memon, Sharda Urga and Navneet Mundra.
- State of Satire- Cyrus Brocha a TV anchor, comedian, political satirist, columnist, podcaster and the author in conversation with Anant Jha.
4. Speaking Truth to Power- The Ramon Magsaysay Award winner and the Managing Editor of NDTV India Ravish Kumar and Eugene Robinson an associate editor of The Washington Post
5. Dateline Kashmir: Post article 370- The scrapping of Article 370 and the mixed thoughts about it will be discussed by the Rajesh Raina and Praveen Dhonti.
6. Is Serious Journalism Sustainable on Digital -Akash Banerjee, Govind Raj, Prasanna, Vignesh, Shivendra and Jairaj will be moderating.
7. Perils of being an Editor- A session by Siddhart Vardrajan, Srinivasan Jain, Prafulla Ketkar, Meenal Baghel and Arijit Sen.
8. Political Journalism: Is it all about access -Rahul Shrivastav, Narendra Nath, Mahesh Langa, Marya Shakeel and Tribhuvan.
9. Tackling Information- In a world where misinformation can lead to dangerous results, it is important to know how to tackle them. Jency Jacob, Prateek Sinha, HR Venkatesh and Trushar Barot will be taking this session.
10. Presentations- Facebook Presentation by Trushar Barot, Twitter presentation by Amrita Tripathi and Google workshop by Surabhi Malik
11. The Language of Journalism- Ashwani Pareek, Rahul Dev and Sandeep Purohit
Registrations for the event is entirely free.