What is that one thing that you want to take it as a memory with you from Jaipur? It’s beautiful culture, marvellous architecture or authentic Rajasthani food?
We surely left you puzzled right? We will talk about it one by one, but today we are here to tell you few things that no one tells you about Hawa Mahal. We are sure you must have visited this architectural wonder by now that was built by Lal Chand Ustad in the 18th Century and still stands tall in the city. It is our own Taj Mahal that is in the shape of Lord Krishna’s crown and there are a few things that you must have never heard about it. So let’s give you a quick glance at what all these things actually are:
- Giving a scenic view to the selfie lovers, Hawa Mahal is the tallest building in the world without a foundation and this five-storey building continues to stand tall because of its curved shaped.
- The most distinctive thing about Hawa Mahal is that it has an entrance from the rear side instead of the front side. Moreover, there are no stairs but only ramps to ascend and descend. Don’t forget to wear your sport shoes the next time you visit it.
- The colourful jharokhas that you see from the outside, do you know the count of them? Not 1 not 2, but there are 953 Jharokhas ! Can you believe it? These windows were actually constructed to give a cool breeze to the royal ladies that watched processions from the inside of the Wind Palace.
- The mesmerizing architecture is a fine combination of Mughal & Rajput style that makes it one of the most Instagrammable monuments in Jaipur.
- Guess what? Pantone’s colour of the year 2019 is Living Coral, which is the colour of our very own Hawa Mahal. This is going to make Hawa Mahal the next hot spot for tourists visiting the city. So, don’t miss it to include it in your Things To Do In Jaipur.